Introduce yourself

Who's who in the TrawlerCrawler community.

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Administrator » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:33 am

I currently own a 60' Custom steel trawler made by the Palatka boat works in Palatka, FL. My wife and I have been living aboard and cruising for the last 8 years. I have been boating in one form or another since the late 50's. I was recommended to your website by a friend of mine here who just sold a 42' North Pacific trawler through your buy, sell, trade pages.

Pete
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 am

My wife and I have been boating for years with our family and now that they are grown we are looking for new adventures and the Great loop on our bucket list. We are trying to determine how we want to do it, conventional planing hull, displacement hull or sailboat. Your site looks like you have much of the information we are looking for to help direct our search.

Jeff
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:02 pm

IMG_2274.jpg
IMG_2274.jpg (90.71 KiB) Viewed 10107 times
Welcome to our newest member Mark, and a photo of his 35 foot steel trawler, Carquinez Coot.
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 am

I am selling my 34 foot Seasprite sailboat and plan to buy a larger boat. I am considering the purchase of a trawler and plan to go to both boat shows in Annapolis this year. My wife and I plan to cruise when we retire which is about five years from now and we are not sure if a sailboat will provide the comfort we are looking for. However we are concerned about fuel costs and all this will be a balancing act.

John
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:59 pm

I have a 27' cuddly cabin and it's way too small. I'm looking to upgrade to a Nordic tug 42 or similar and want to get as much info as possible. Insofar as background is concerned I've been boating for years and am a retired CAG USCG

CK
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 am

I am the proud owner of a work in progress a ” Blue Seas” 36Ft aft cabin cruiser called “Salt Winds” I have been slowly rebuilding her over the last 3 years and am approaching completion. I spent most of my adult life at sea first in the Royal Aust Navy as a Weapons Electrician then in the Merchant Navy as an Electrical Officer on Container ships sailing world wide.
I volunteer my spare time to the “Volunteer Marine Rescue” service as a radio operator. I have a love of the Sea and nearly all thing Boating .

Graham
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:51 am

My wife and I are past owners of an Albin 40 Trawler and currently own and have owned a Tradewinds 47 for 8 years...in MTOA, past President of MTOA, on the MTOA board of directors, have taken our trawlers from Baltimore all the way to the keys...own a home in Emerald Isle, NC and keep the boat in Morehead City, NC part time, and at our home in Ft Myers, FL partime...
Interested in the forum for information on maintenance and cruising...

Frank
Administrator

Postby texada » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

I have been in, on or around boats for all my life having been a founding member of the St. Croix Yacht Club in the USVI. My high school years were spent aboard a 100' square rigged schooner school ship sailing between Bar Harbor, ME and the Caribbean including many trips off shore to Bermuda & throughout the Bahamas. During my Junior year of high school I sailed aboard a 1,200 foot long iron ore carrier from Texada Island in the Georgia Straits of British Columbia to various ports in Japan and then on to SUNY Maritime College towards my deck license. I recently came ashore and have started in on my bucket list that has always included my return to the Northwest Passage, in partcular Georgia Straits, by far the most beautiful waters that I have ever sailed in. In order to accomplish this I have recently purchased a 38' Present trawler and after I re-power her with a fresh Ford Lehman 120 (I'll break down her present engine for spare parts) I will leave my home port of St. James City, FL which is on the Gulf of Mexico actually at the start of the ICW headed towards Texas. By the 1st of the year I plan to be in the Bahamas, to the USVI, over to the BVI, down the chain and get to Aruba before the start of the hurricane season. Aruba has a very good track record of no hurricanes and late next Fall I will head for Jamaica, the Caymans, over to the Yucatan, Belize, through the Panama Canal North along the coast as far as the Juan de Fuca Straits, north through the Northwest Passage to Alaska, on a truck to the Great Lakes, come out at Quebec City, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New England, offshore to Bermuda and back to Ft. Pierce, FL and finally back across to Pine Island and St. James City on the West coast. If the guys in white coats are not there to meet me, I might just turn around and do it all over again, but this time going the opposite way just to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

May all your seas be following ones.
texada

Postby dominomarie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:19 pm

I just found this site, so I suppose I should introduce ourselves. JP & Marie Dufour. We built our Malcolm Tennant Design 20-meter power catamaran in Paraguay. We have been cruising for 3 years now and are in Panama City, enjoying the west side of Panama before crossing over to Galapagos and Marquesas, in a year or so. You can check our blog at http://dominocatamaran.blogspot.com
Nice meeting of all you (of course, I've known Georgs for some 10 years and he's been spying on our efforts all that time... :)
Attachments
Domino picture book.jpeg
Domino picture book.jpeg (57.6 KiB) Viewed 9996 times
dominomarie

Postby Administrator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 am

I have always loved boats, and have always loved being around folks that lived aboard boats, being retierd Navy (SEABEE) Yaaaa LOL have been to many interesting areas of the world and always seemed to be around marinas and boats. I'm in a position now as I've made up my mind to sell my home and get a liveaboard type boat. Been reading up on boat living and the Texas ICW and great loop adventuers and rules of the road.

David
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions