Introduce yourself

Who's who in the TrawlerCrawler community.

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Administrator » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:17 am

I am female, have lived aboard and cruised on my 1982 42' Tradewinds since 1987 when I purchased her. (Yes, I was very young)! I have a 100T, STCW ,and Merchant Mariners liciense. And have worked as a Captain since approx 1992. I work and live aboard my vessel in the Bahamas along with my 20 yr old crusin' kitty "Sharkbait", who has spent her whole life board with me as we worked and cruised the east coast of the US and the Bahamas.

Janet
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:47 am

Rounding the corner to retirement and looking to trade up from our 33' Carver to a Trawler. We have been looking, and kicking tires for a while, hope to jump in within 2-3 years.

Paul and Stacie
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:36 am

All my student and professional life [Surgeon] my relaxation and secondary passion to keep me sane has been boating, sailing and all things associated.

Since retirement I have been playing around with and extensively cruising my 38 foot cat which I use as a motorsailer. I have had other boats over the years.

As I am getting on a bit, I have started considering moving to a pure motor boat and during my computer researching came across your very interesting website.

Kind regards
Frank
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:17 am

We are a retired couple enjoying cruising our C-Dory 25. We have been doing The Loop in sections and hope to learn from this website.

Fairwinds,
Dan and Peggy
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:55 am

I've been following the Great Loop postins for about 5 or 6 years. I'm a life long boater with a 100 Ton Captain's license. I'd like to do some segments of the loop at some point in the future. I have made the trip down the ditch from NJ to south Florida.

Andy
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:56 am

I'm a full-time cruiser on a Pilgrim 40 trawler. I'll begin the Great Loop this spring. I'm a Past Commander of the Fox Valley Power Squadron with over 30 years of boating experience.

Jeff
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:15 pm

We have a Grand Banks 42 CL which we are starting to cruise on a little more as we move to retirement . Home port is Great Bridge, VA. Boat us currently in Jacksonville.

Clyde Lee
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:08 am

We live aboard on a 1988 DeFever 47 POC berthed at Burnt Store Marina during the winter months. My wife is aboard full time and I am still commuting 2 weeks per month to work. We have been doing this for the past 7 years. Hopefully in the next year or so we will do something more than trips to the nearby Barrier Islands and Naples and Sarasota.

North
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 am

Operated a 36' Willard Vega for 10 years in Pac NW waters. I have written some of my experiences along with pictures which maybe of some interest to others.
Michael
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 am

A little bit about us ... me & the Admiral ....

I have been a sailor (owning several boats 26-38 ft cruise and race) for 40 years. I've operated powerboats from 16 to 53 ft in length. I am currently between boats but my age is leading me from sailing , the admiral wants more room and amenities, so the transition to trawlers.

I'll be retiring in a couple of years and want to spend more time on the water. I was looking to the forums as a source of information and guidance (learn from other's mistakes) before jumping into a boat. I've looked at motor yachts operating at trawler speeds and have seen some of their compromises and advantages. I want to learn more about single engine & multi engine trawler designs that might meet our needs.

In a nutshell ... trying to figure out what boat will make a great second home. Some cruising and some just weekends on the bay. We live in Wilmington, NC.

Thanks for taking the time to make a place where "boaters" can share information and advice ... Jh
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions