Introduce yourself

Who's who in the TrawlerCrawler community.

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Administrator » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 pm

We own Beautiful Dreamer – Previously Fine Romance. It was the subject of a 14 page article in Nov-Dec I think 2000 issue of Passagemaker magazine. it is 57’ Royal Passagemaker # 5701 built by Park Isle Marine. You should easily see it on line. It is a true Ocean Voyaging Trawler with excellent specs on the order but a little better than the 57’ and 62’ Nordhavn.
We love the opportunity to use her more.

Bob
Administrator

Postby Trawlers&Trawlering » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Beautiful Boat Bob. We remember her from her Fine Romance days.

http://www.trawlersandtrawlering.com/lifestyle/alandjanecastlem.html
Trawlers&Trawlering

Postby Administrator » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:55 am

My husband and I are familiar with trawlers as we owned a 34 Marine Trader Trawler and lived aboard for a period of time. We now both hold a USCG Master 50T license with towing endorsement and are seeking employment.

Shanda
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:57 am

I am interested in cruising and wish to buy a trawler up in the Seattle/Vancouver area when I retire in a couple years.

Duane
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 am

My interest is specifically with the small boat cruising thread and the inside passage thread, which are among several within the TrawlerCrawler net. I have a 20 ft. power boat that I will be doing the inside passage next year from Bellingham to Ketchican. I am seeking as much information on gear, navigation and general cruising tips as I can find, for that trip.

Stan
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:30 pm

I am currently in the research phase for my retirement. I have been reading everything I can over the last year about living aboard. I live in Charleston, SC and I am an avid recreational boater. I am looking to buy a trawler in the next couple of years for trips up and down the ditch. Sailboats don't have enough usable deck space for my wife and trawlers seem to be the best economy in the motoring world. Anyway, we won't be in a hurry and look forward to the different sunsets.

Jeff
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 am

My interest is learning more about Northwest Passage travel and boating. I live in Idaho and am an adventurer.
My boat is a 24 foot cummins powered jet boat used for exploring local rivers and lakes. Looking forward to a trip in the Portland Canal of SE Alaska.

Kevin
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:52 pm

My wife and I are in our 60's and retired, We bought our first boat, a 52' Sea Ranger aft cabin with twin 135 lehmans. We keep the boat moored in Everett, WA and spend about equal time on her and our ashore home in Hawaii. Summers on the boat and winters in Hawaii, not bad eh? I have really enjoyed Trawlers and Trawlering and have already gleaned some great things from it. Just looking to expand my resource base because as a neophyte I have way more questions than answers! I hope you'll let me join your family of fellow boat nuts (I think we all are a little nuts).
Jay
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:15 am

I just bought a 37 C&L, 1977. I'm on a huge learning curve. I've been boating for years but never this size or single engine. I'm 65 and finding this an interesting new challenge for me. We live and the boat is moored in Kingston, Wa. I look forward to crawling with the trawlers...
John
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:38 am

I have a 1979 Hershine 37 trawler. I am looking for repair and restoration answers. Schematics and Diagrams, and links to obtain parts would be great. Especially from the manufacturer and used parts sellers.

Rob
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions