Introducing... Myself.

Who's who in the TrawlerCrawler community.

Introducing... Myself.

Postby jacob » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:17 am

Good morning everyone!

I'm Jacob and I joined TrawlerCrawler. Rebecca was nice enough to let me in once I demonstrated that I was not a robot spammer. :)

I am a member of Nordhavn Dreamers and a few other boat forums. My interest is in blue-water trawlers especially Sea Spirit and Nordhavn. I prefer the look of Sea Spirit but the reputation for quality of Nordhavn.

I'm also the owner of www.TrawlerBlogs.com, a trawler blog and news site that makes it easy to follow dozens, or hundreds of trawler-related blogs. I don't think that the site is really intended to compete with sites like TrawlerCrawler. It's more of a one-way medium that would do well to complement this site.

I live in Los Angeles, CA.
jacob

Re: Introducing... Myself.

Postby playsinwater » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Hello everyone, My name is Jeff. My wife Lori and I have the Great Loop on our bucket list. The kids are finishing college and the dogs are going to be dying off soon so it's time to start planning for a new adventure. We checked into the nudist colony scene but everyone looked as bad as we did so we decided against it and the nausea feeling went away immediately. We tried dancing. I consider myself to be a decent freestyle dancer but I'll be damned if I can figure out the Cha Cha or the Samba. Soooo, we decided that a 6,000 mile trip by water in 300sq ft of living space over a year might be just what we're looking for. That's where you come in. You have done it or doing it and we would like to read up and learn and see where this all takes us. Thank you for allowing us into your realm.

Standing by

Jeff & Lori

Oh, we live in Florida. We're kind of on the way.
playsinwater

Return to Introductions